Tuesday 11 January 2011

Alex Barclay - Blood Runs Cold

17th - 20th December.
I read Dark House and The Caller and really enjoyed them so when I spotted this in the library I nabbed it.  I read it back in December and as its now January and a lot of alcohol has been consummed since reading my memories are sketchy about plot etc so I'll just check the Amazon page for it.  Ok, well flying in the face of everyone that has reviewed this on Amazon I enjoyed it.  Clearly I do tend to disengage my brain when I am reading and just let the words wash over me as I didn't find any of the plot annoying, thin, badly drawn or any of the plethora of insults thrown at it by the reviewers over there. Maybe I am just easily pleased!  Basically FBI investigator is called in to investigate the murder of a fellow FBI investigator, in the mountains, in the snow.  She has some sex, some laughs and drinks coffee - doesn't seem to go a bundle on food but perhaps the need to look good for the sex prevents her from eating?  Whatever, I enjoyed it for what thats worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment